The Act Two career relaunch program at NBCUniversal is a 6-month paid, fixed-term role for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for personal reasons such as caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce (in an office/ corporate environment) for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or another dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At NBCU, we appreciate the skills you can offer, the diverse perspective you can provide, and the contributions you will make. We understand that while careers may pause, talent doesn’t. Our Act Two program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, gain new experience and get professional development support through our partnership with Path Forward.
As an Act Two Consultant, you will work on a six month project within an assigned area including but not limited to areas listed below:
Software/application development, systems engineering, dashboard creation & maintenance, reporting, technical infrastructure (virtualized platforms), machine learning, technical project management, data analytics, cyber security, operations, and more.
Possible departments for placement:
- Enterprise Applications
- Enterprise Architecture
- CNBC Technology
- Information Security
- News Technology
- Sports Technology
- Cable Entertainment Technology
- Enterprise Business Engagement
- Sales Research & Analytics Technology
- Global Network Service
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, or related technical degree (or related experience, including military experience)
- Technical certifications: programming, data analytics, web /app development, machine learning
- 5+ years of experience in technology, engineering, data analytics/data science or related technical fields
- Has taken at least 2 years away from the paid workforce (in an office/ corporate environment) to focus on caregiving
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in either New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Denver, CO or Los Angeles, CA
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.